The 2011 Ford Explorer is powerful, fuel efficient and is the North American Truck of the Year. The 2011 Explorer SUV was updated with a better fuel efficiency and a high-class cabin.
The 2011 Explorer is offered in three trims. The Explorer, XLT, and Limited all have a 3.5-Liter V6 engine, which are available in either front-wheel or four-wheel drive with a six-speed automatic transmission that generates 290 horsepower and has the ability to tow up to 5,000 pounds. All trims have an estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.
· Exterior features include Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, cruise control, rear auxiliary climate control, manual single-zone climate control, and Ford’s MyKey system
· Interior features include a first-row center floor console with wrapped armrest and storage bin, power windows with one-touch down driver’s window, and a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
· Entertainment features include a six-speaker audio system with AM/FM radio with CD player and audio jack
· Same features as the Explorer, but adds a keyless entry pad, upgraded cloth upholstery, rear parking sensors, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with mounted cruise control and secondary audio controls, and SIRIUS satellite radio
· Same features as the Explorer, but adds dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, Intelligent Access with Push-Button start and Remote start, cargo net, MyFord Touch, universal garage opener, a standard rear view camera, a Sony Audio System with HD radio and a media hub with two USB ports, SD car reader and audio/video input jacks, and Ford SYNC
Standard Safety Features
· Ford’s Safety Canopy system with rollover sensor and side-curtain airbags
· SOS Post Crash Alert System
· AdvanceTrac with Curve Control and Roll Stability Control
· Front seat-side airbags
The 2011 Ford Explorer perfect for anyone with its high-class interior quality and high-tech features.